Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dream Home

Being a poor grad student, I have the unenviable privilege of imagining what it would be like to fully live large in New Orleans.  Unlike other parts of the country where people seem to take the most pride in their car (Los Angeles), their clothing (New York), or their overalls (Mississippi), New Orleanians can boast the most beautiful residential architecture in America.

I am an owner of one of the most adorable mutts alive, and as a dog owner I take my critter out for walks on an extremely regular basis - which means that I have the ability to scope out numerous awesome homes around the Uptown area.  My area of Uptown does not have the flash of St Charles Ave or the tourist appeal of the French Quarter, but it does boast a very eclectic array of awesome homes.

At the crack of dawn this morning I was out strolling with the pup when I came across one of my favorite Uptown homes.  This bad boy is located right on Carrollton Ave., and it is even currently up for sale.  With a kingly 6,000 sq ft, this place can be yours for the small total of..... $700,000.00.



Ouch.   I suppose that's why they call it a dream home.

No comments:

Post a Comment