Friday, February 19, 2010

BBQ - The Joint

I originate from Birmingham, AL which is home to several great BBQ joints - Full Moon and Dreamland come to mind first.  I am pretty picky about my ribs, and I have only once ever eaten ribs outside of Alabama.  My one foreign rib experiment took place in Kansas City.  The ribs were crap.  So when Kelly - a friend from school - decided to check out some local BBQ, I said yes with some internal trepidation.

We ended up at The Joint, which is located pretty deep into Bywater.  Since I never have the patience to read through a long article/post about a restaurant, I will keep this short.  The dry rub ribs were good.  A little charred on the outside (see photo below), the meat was slightly dry.  The meat wasn't bad - just not what I am used to.  Also, the smokiness of the ribs was a bit on the weak side.  The good news is that the ribs fell off the bone, which is not what I generally see in my usual BBQ haunts.  I ate the things pretty fast because I normally have to work for my rib meat.


While I remain a Bama BBQ purist, if other NOLA ribs are comparable to The Joint then I can see myself getting by around here... if only as a hold-over until I am back in B'ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment